Thursday, April 10, 2008

If You Have a Soul - Kill Me

Other things kept me from starting sooner: lame I know. But this is my progress so far.


The purple represents white. I'm doing a find->replace after I'm done.

I am not going to bed until this logo is done. It's doable. Totally doable. But really, really fiddly.

I'm hoping a series of Google-owned logos will emerge tomorrow.

EDIT: Hour and a half later

Well it looks pretty good so far. What sucks about doing it the CSS way (I couldn't resize the cells in a table) is that you can't just up and move the 'Google' bit to another part of the page. If you wanted to move it you'd have to start all over again. Not fun.

Thus I'm thinking I might just make this a really, really big mosaic of logos owned by Google. They'll be scattered here and there across the screen. It looks like I can make one of these in just under two hours, so I might be able to do... four more? Five?

I'm wondering if white is the best background to have this against. You can't see all the hard work I've put into the many white squares in the logo. Then again if it stays white it looks closer to the Google homepage. I might experiment near the end.

But for now; bed! Good grief!

2 comments:

John Lacey said...

Wow. That's awesome. Although I have to wonder other than being able to say you can do it, what practical application could there be? LOL

Unknown said...

What practical application is there in art, except for expression of the soul?

Or my fandom for Google?

It's a love-hate relationship, really.